FREE ½ day in-person CE Course + Continental breakfast
Advanced registration required – seats are limited!
Saturday, May 21, 2022
Ruby Canyon Dental
2552 Patterson Rd
Grand Junction, CO 81505
or Remote Online Access
9 AM –12 PM MT
(registration 8 AM –8:45)
Course Title Description
Oral Manifestations of Systemic and Vaping-Related
Diseases; Identifying the At-Risk Dental Patient in Hygiene.
This interactive workshop features the top three requested hygiene topics in 2022 all in one course! Featured topics include:
• Oral Manifestations of Systemic Disease
• Vaping Related Diseases
• The Implant Patient and the Hygiene Visit
Section one of the course begins with a review of oral disease, systemic indicators, and assessments required in Hygiene to diagnose oral disease properly. Section two takes a more in-depth review of the impact of vaping on oral disease and overall health and considerations in dental care to manage patients with a known or suspected e-cigarette or vaping product use. Section three explores hygiene considerations for implant or chronically ill dental patients. The workshop includes an exercise to formulate a comprehensive outcome-based treatment plan and documentation that mitigates risk using best practices for patient communication techniques that create awareness of the importance of the hygiene visit.
Didactic and breakout exercises
Hygienists and other Invited Dental Professionals
• Review types of systemic diseases and oral presentation
• Discuss the pharmacological impact of medications and oral pathology
• Review the oral manifestations of chronic systemic illnesses
• Describe the origins of e-cigarette or vaping product use, the demographic most impacted by use, the causative ingredients, the health effects, associated oral lesions.
• The dangers of vaping and dental implants
• Peri-implant diseases: causes, effects, and appearance
• Underline the importance of the patient’s health history and risk assessment, and discuss the appropriate methods of extra and intraoral exams in hygiene
• The hygiene appointment process and the treatment of chronic illness and implant patients, and documentation process for patients
• Identify strategies health care providers can use to manage patients with a known or suspected e-cigarette or vaping product use
• Patient communication best practices
• Presentation slides
• Hand-outs: Slide summary, Workshop Details
(subject to change)
8:00 am – 8:45 am
Arrival and sign roster
Continental breakfast and coffee provided
8:45 am – 9:00 am
Opening remarks – Ruby Canyon Dental Welcome
9:00 am – 10:15 am
CE course -Mary Hughes, RDH of Dental Education Partners
10:15 am – 10:30 am
10:30 am – 11:45 am
10:30 am – 11:45 am
CE continued -Mary Hughes, RDH of Dental Education Partners
11:45 am – 12:00 pm
Course evaluations & CE issuance
Mary Hughes, RDH, BS
CEO, Founder, and Instructor, Dental Education Partners
Mary Hughes, RDH, BS -is Dental Education Partners CEO, Founder, and Instructor. After 20 years as a clinical dental hygienist, Mary transitioned to corporate dentistry where she held training, sales, and executive roles in manufacturing and at a DSO. Her passion for dental education led her to start her own consulting and education business, focused on hygiene growth at DSO’s. She is a recognized dental lecturer, a published author, and a member of the ADHA.
By invitation only.
Register at https://forms.office.com/r/DwXzJmaspalink
or use the QR code below.
Up to Three (3) Continuing Education Credits will be provided.
To receive all available credits, attendees must sign roster, remain during duration of event, and complete post-event evaluation.
Brought to you by:
Dental Education Partners
WE ARE AN APPROVED AGD PACE PROGRAM PROVIDER
DENTAL EDUCATION PARTNERS, LLC
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Mary K. Hughes, RDH
Office: (954) 533-6776
Mobile: (585) 354-9942